Keep Working, Worker Bee!

3.11.2006

More about speed-dating

I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but the Science paper I mentioned a few days ago isn't the first speed-dating paper I've been involved in. The first was a paper on how to run a speed-dating event for the purpose of studying interpersonal relationships; Eli Finkel, Paul Eastwick and I submitted it to a psychology journal in December.

Today we heard back about it. The editor sent us a very encouraging letter that asked us to revise and resubmit it. Furthermore, the four anonymous reviewers seemed to really really like it, though of course they each had something big they wanted changed. All in all, it hasn't been accepted yet but it's a pretty sure bet that it will be after a round or two of edits. Yay!

4 Comments:

  • Hi there. I would like to read your paper on running a speed dating event if that's OK with you. Am planning on running one myself (in NZ) so any info. I can get on how to go about it would be great thanks. Anne :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 01:54  

  • Hi Anne -- drop me an email (jacobm at uchicago edu) with some contact information. Thanks!

    By Blogger Jacob Matthews, at 14:10  

  • Hi Jacob!

    I run an Adult Dating Service here in South Africa and would be very interested in your speed dating paper.

    Have you published it yet? Is there a way to get a copy?

    Kind Regards

    Anas

    By Blogger Anas, at 05:54  

  • Hey Jacob

    I also operate adult dating sites and would be interested in expanding into speed dating. Any chance of publishing your paper?

    Many thanks
    Al

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:06  

Post a Comment

<< Home