Keep Working, Worker Bee!

6.18.2005

Ever have one of those days where you start coding something in the morning, and by the time you look around you realize it's after dark? Today was a gorgeous day in Chicago, and at about 8AM I started trying to figure out how to model various exception-handling strategies in a multi-language context; by the time I was done I had four systems in PLT Redex and it was nine o'clock at night. Research is fun! Much more fun than, say, sunlight or social interaction.

3 Comments:

  • I had kind of the converse experience today. I'd promised my friends I'd go see them in the afternoon, so I had to stop coding by around 2pm. At about 1:45 I was frantically trying to reach a stopping point and ultimately had to concede defeat and grudgingly face the day -- only to lift the blinds and discover it was a beautiful day. Cursed physical universe!

    By Blogger Dave Herman, at 01:25  

  • I hate it when this happens! I say I will finish by such and such a time only to have time fly and a beautiful day pass by. You live in Chicago, you should definitley be taking advantage of every single ray of sunshine!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 16:09  

  • Have a nice day. Don't forget to go outside.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 22:10  

Post a Comment

<< Home