Keep Working, Worker Bee!

4.05.2006

ICFP Contest 2006

As you may recall, last year I was involved in organizing the 2005 ICFP Programming Contest. Well, mark your calendars, because I just discovered by random googling that our successors at Carnegie Mellon have put up a web page for the 2006 contest, and they've even announced the dates on which it will be held: July 21 through 24.

I'm really interested in seeing what the CMU folks will come up with. I don't have any insider knowledge, just a slightly higher-than-average interest in the subject, but I'd guess they're planning something quite a bit different from the contests of recent years. Recently the contests have been essentially about writing game-playing agents; I'd bet they're going to go back to something a little more abstract.

1 Comments:

  • I was actually really disappointed to see that it probably won't be something 'fun' - they've probably removed the strategy portion of the contest out, which I thought was one of the more interesting parts. BTW, I really thought the 2005 competition was quite amazing. I'll be surprised if CMU can top it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 01:49  

Post a Comment

<< Home