Keep Working, Worker Bee!

5.11.2005

In the morning I fixed a minor speed-dating crisis, but otherwise today was spent almost entirely on super-secret stuff. I released a draft of the spec to the committee by 11:30 and then went to the thesis defense of the guy who works in the office next to me. When I got back I had plenty of feedback, and I spent the rest of the day incorporating it. Afterwards there was another release, and then I went home.

Sorry, not much more can be said about that.

I'm trying to make up my mind about whether or not I absolutely hate LaTeX or just mostly hate LaTeX. It's the epitome of the whole Unix aesthetic: everything is doable, but nothing is easy. I frequently get upset about things like changing margins or dealing with stupid figure problems, but on the other hand you can define macros and at least somehow get the abstraction you want. The rules for what works where and what affects what seem byzantine to me, though, so my abstractions are a lot less abstract than I'd like, but I'm not sure whether that's me or it. Probably both.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home